We are LBK churches and believe it or not we exist for you! So we hope we’ll be able to help you with whatever you’re looking for. We’re a parish with three churches Leeds, Broomfield and Kingswood (LBK) and we enjoy worshipping God together, looking at how best to serve our local community, and meeting new people… usually over tea and biscuits or sometimes cake!
We’re a group of Church of England churches who have God and you at our heart and you can find out more about the Church of England Here and we are situated in the beautiful North Downs in Kent.
We believe that Jesus is how God chose to revel himself to the world and so we want to encourage people to get to know Jesus. In a sense Jesus is our model. When he walked this earth 2000 years ago, he showed us how to commune with God, he showed what it means to love our neighbours. He was a king who came to serve and so we want to encourage people to serve their community. He also tells his disciples to love each other as I have loved you and he tells us to take that love into the world to be witnesses of His good news. Hence our values are simple, this is what we’re here for:
Loving Each Other
Loving Our World
There are lots of amazing passages in the bible but these values are based primarily on the following…
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37-39
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35
To follow Jesus who is the light of the world and be his light bearers across Leeds, Broomfield, Kingswood and beyond.
* To help people to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.
* To grow in relationship with God through getting to know Jesus.
* To be people rooted in prayer.
* To see people’s lives transformed in the realisation of God’s love for them.
* To increase our knowledge of God through exploring the bible together.
* To offer God our worship and praise in response to His goodness.
* To be open to a God who wants to help us be the best witnesses we can be by empowering us through his Spirit.
* To be people who serve our local communities.
* To be people who are always ready to share the reason for hope that is in us.